Related Items

    Identity Theft - False Criminal Judgements

    Sometimes victims of identity theft are wrongfully accused of crimes committed by the identity thief. If a civil judgment has been entered in your name for actions taken or debts incurred by your impostor, contact the court where the judgment was entered and report that you are a victim of identity theft.


    If you are wrongfully prosecuted for criminal charges, contact the state Department of Justice and the FBI and obtain information on how to clear your name. The California Department of Justice established a statewide database in September 2001 to provide certain information about identity theft crimes to victims and law enforcement agencies.


    Santa Monica Police Department © 2018
    333 Olympic Drive, P.O. Box 2200 Santa Monica, CA 90401 • 310.395.9931 •